This past weekend, six of us made our way to the crazy city of
Las Vegas! Lauren Hays, Jody Morris, and Julie
Cookingham are all turning 30 this year, so we wanted to celebrate their birthday in style!

We stayed at the Hyatt at the airport the night before so we could sleep in as much as possible. Smart move on our part! We were within walking distance of the gate.

Paige missed her flight. Pic of her empty seat.

What a cool experience! Riding down the escalator and seeing a limo driver holding a sign up with my name on it. Yeah, I get a little excited about things!

Our pic in front of our transportation for the weekend.

Two out of the three birthday girls got to ride in the limo. I hated it that Lauren wasn't on the same flight!!! :(

Meet Louie the Limo Driver. Apparently, he only drives celebrities and royalty around. Of course we fit into those categories, so we were really excited to have him as our limo driver. I must say, that was the nicest limo I have ever been in! Doesn't compare to the Falls Town limos at all!

Our home away from home this past weekend! We didn't really spend much time here, but it was a nice place to be when we were there!

Mrs. Morris was given the title, the Snobby 30 year old when we arrived because when we were riding in the limo, she looks out the window and makes the comment, "Oh, you're in that car? We are in a limo!"
hahaha! Love her!

As we were waiting for everyone else to arrive, we decided to go tour the strip! We ended up going shopping, stopping at Fat Tuesdays, and walking the strip. We had a GREAT time!

Pic over looking the
strip!
This waterfall in front of the Aria was beautiful!

Julie was
smokin' hot, so she stuck her feet in the water to cool off.

Julie: Should I get this hat (5,000 times) Crystal: Just get the dang hat! (5,000 times)
hahaha! It's
ok...Jodi and I forgot our perfume, so we went into the same shop 5,000 times to "test" the perfume samples!

Front view of the hat.
YEEEAAAAHHHH Lauren has arrived!!! Love this girl!

Thanks to the wonderful Art
Wimberley, mine and Jeremy's friend in
Las Vegas, we were hooked up in so many ways this past weekend! Because of different circumstances, Jodi and I were the only ones able to enjoy all of the hookups. So thankful for Art...we had a blast!!!!
Elvis was one of the impersonators of the night! As I looked around the room and watched as everyone was going crazy over this man, I could only imagine what it was like at a real Elvis Presley concert. Guess I'll never know?

The grand finale of the concert! They were all wonderful!!!!

Our picture with Christina
Aquilera. She was a fabulous singer! I asked her why she was in Vegas and she said that she was trying to further her career. She said, "
at least I'm not in Philadelphia anymore". I hope she gets noticed. She was REALLY good!

As for this "lovely" man. I actually enjoyed the Elton John impersonator. Not sure many Texas men would enjoy him?
hahaha!

When Elvis walked out on stage, the two 70 year old women next to us started sobbing! I kept watching them and I thought to myself...."do they know this is not the real Elvis Presley". I could not keep my eyes off of them crying as if they were in awe of the real Elvis Presley!

Out on the strip with my girl! So thankful she came on the trip! A good time will always be had if Jodi is there! Love you girl!

Another picture of a different view of the strip!

I took this picture for Lauren. The heat (felt like you were suffocating at times it was so hot) got to Lauren on Saturday afternoon and she spent the night sicker than a dog dehydrated. Needless to say, we all downed the H2O the next day!

This is mine and Jodi's VIP picture! Apparently, you have to be a top dog to get into the Tryst at the Wynn. Well, Jodi and I walked into the Wynn, walked up to the security guard and said, "We are meeting Lance (the owner of the Tryst) here. He spoke to someone with his earpiece
walky talky thing, and proceeded to let us go beyond the roped off area that everyone was standing a mile deep in to get into the club. We walked along all of the eager people anxiously awaiting to enter the club. I seriously felt like I was a celebrity walking along the red carpet while everyone else was on the other side of the rope! One minute later we entered the club! Our mission was complete!!! This picture is standing in front of a waterfall inside the Tryst.

This picture confirms that I am as afraid of heights as I thought I was. We are at the top of the Eiffel Tower overlooking the city. The view is absolutely breathtaking! I don't regret going up, but I did learn that I probably won't be going sky diving anytime soon!

Best friends trip 2010!

A pic with the birthday girls! We have all been friends now going on 10 years! Well, Jody and I became friends in Sunday School at the age of about 9! Wow! I would probably guess that these girls are going to be life long friends of mine! Love these girls!

Roaming around Caesar's Palace! This place is magical and BIG!

We spent quite a bit of time in the Pandora shop! I got a dice (come to find out, you can only buy that particular charm in
Las Vegas...thanks for researching on that Jody) charm and Savannah's birth stone charm!
Searchin' for
myyyy lost shaker of salt! Jodi and I ended up eating here twice!
Margaritaville was awesome! Great food, great scenery, and full of energy!

The group minus one! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...

Standing in front of the Pirate Show at Treasure Island. Yes, the show was a little cheesy, but it was free...what do you expect!
hahaha!

The boat the show. This particular boat ends up sinking.

Later on the final night, we had a mini little birthday party for the girls in their room. I got them each a magazine dated the day or week that they were born. For Lauren and Jody, I got them a PEOPLE magazine dated May 1980 and September 1980 and for Julie I got her a TIME magazine dated September 1980. Lauren, Julie, and I ended up going down to the bottom floor of the hotel and just hung out while people watching. Thanks for a good time girls!
1 comment:
How fun! I've never done a girls trip!
Such cute dresses in all the pics!!!!
Post a Comment