Man...it sure is nice to come home from a trip at 11:00 at night after trying to get home ALL day and see this sign from your baby girl. When I say, "ALL DAY" I literally mean...ALL DAY! Let me explain! We arrived at the airport at 9:30 AM Las Vegas time and our plane departed at 11:50 AM. An hour and a half into the flight, the pilot comes over the loud speaker and announces that we are circling Wichita Falls right now because DFW is closed from bad weather. We end up circling for about 30 minutes. At one point, we even asked the flight attendant if there were any way that we could land in Wichita? I was BEYOND ready to be home. We were supposed to land at 4:00, and be home somewhere around 6:00. That would give me plenty of time to spend with Savannah and Jeremy before she had to go to bed. That was the plan anyways... The pilot comes over the speaker and announces that we will be landing in Oklahoma City and staying there until further notice. Long story short, we end up sitting on the runway for about 3 hours before we were able to fly back to Dallas. LONG...DAY!!!!
When I get home around 11:00 PM, I was tip-toeing throughout the house. I get to the dark living room and I hear someone yell out "MOMMA!". Yup, that's what happens when you leave town, the baby is up at 11:00 PM and out of her bed, hanging out on the couch with Aunt Jen Jen. I didn't care! I was so ready to see her it wasn't even funny! She was WIRED up! I'm assuming she had a red bull right before I got there by the way she was acting! She was running around saying CHOO CHOO! Then she would run and literally jump in my arms. She was sooo excited about the surprises that I brought her home from Vegas. I brought her home a Brittney Alvin and the Chipmunks doll and a rubber ducky necklace. She LOVED it! Thank you God for having something so wonderful waiting on me back home!
1 comment:
What a sweet little girl you have!!!
Post a Comment